Re: was Northern Blooms now Northern vs. Southern Blooms

Sheri,

For what it's worth, my Hellebores here in Georgia are not blooming either.
They have been very variable, sometimes blooming in December, sometimes not
until February. It doesn't seem to directly correlate with Dec/Jan. weather,
either, but may be more closely tied to early fall weather and summer
drought. Or not.

I have some Narcissus blooming (Rijnveld's Early Sensation, I think, but the
chickens scratched the labels away before I saw them bloom for the first
time.)

Other bloomers are some Hamamelis,  Chimonanthus praecox, Osmanthus fragrans
and Lonicera fragrantissima. Rosa mutabilis had some buds and blooms before
it was 12 degrees just before Christmas. Nothing now.

'Carol Mackie' is loaded with buds though the foliage looks a bit puny.
Violas and Pansies are cranking back up after the cold. Nothing much else in
the bloom department. The Giant Red Mustard is gorgeous, though.

Daryl