RE: Northern Blooms

It's a pretty nice botanical garden, especially for its small size. The
city recently gave the Conservateers the boot on their major fundraiser
though. They used to grow plants at the Lawton Greenhouse to sell around
Mother's day and would take in huge amounts of money, but now the city
has taken it away from them. Their other event for which they used MGs
to help is their annual garden tour. Ann Callow - you might remember her
-put it together in 2004, but many of the regular venues pulled their
advertising so traffic was way down. I think she is doing it again this
year. I hope it works out better in 2005 as she is putting her own
garden on it this time.

Kitty