Houseplants

Well as you can see I am now back from my vacation and it has taken me
the better part of two nights to get through all 498 messages I hadn't
bothered to read in the past 9 days. Whew...glad that's done. I hope
everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a good start to the new year. My
husband and I actually made it to a friend's holiday party this
year...first time in years...what a blessing having a teenage daughter
is turning out to be...providing Mom and Dad with a little more freedom
in exchange for parting with some of our cash seems like a good deal to
me. And it was one of those smaller parties...a few friends, some great
food (I made a chocolate creme tart...2 cups of heavy whipping cream and
1/2 cup of butter...yummy!), fine wine, and mellow music...the only kind
of party I tolerate very well at all, so I had a great time. Wonder
where that headache came from the next morning though?? Hmmm...

Worked like a dog at home the whole time I was off work at the hospital
though...got a ton laundry done and deep cleaned every room in the house
(well, as close to deep cleaning as I ever get anyway). Even managed to
get around to the subject of this e-mail...the long ignored and sadly
suffering houseplants that are a major source of my gardening sanity in
the winter here. But boy do those poor plants suffer during the growing
season. But I find out this way which ones will take the abuse of that
kind of neglect, and which ones won't...so maybe it works out for the
better. But I seriously think I might pay more attention to them if they
were a bit more colorful in nature and gave me a reason to notice them
during the rest of the year. I half think the only reason I keep them
around is I'm so desperate in the winter for a hint of anything green...

So, anyone with any suggestions of very tough, but colorful houseplants?

BTW, I got a very nice email from Janice, Tony's wife while I was off
which I need to answer this morning before I go home...hard to believe
it's been a year now. I still miss his presence on the list and I surely
hope he's enjoying Heaven.

Well, as my daughter would say G2G (got to go)...work calls.

Melody
Hills, IA

--Albert Einstein

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com