From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of kmrsy@comcast.net
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 4:04 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [CHAT] Summer Bulb Details

> February is upon us.
Whoa!  We don't have daylight saving time here and are currently using
Eastern time, but we are a long way from February. ;+)

Cannas are one that I start early indoors if possible. It's a very easy
and forgiving rhizome and one that most of us up north are familiar
with. But here we dig them in the fall and then pot them up in the
spring BEFORE they break dormancy. The fact that you can dig them during
their early growth, a sensitive time for many geophytes, attests to
their ease and vigor.

Thanks for your replies Pam.  Any info I get will help, though I'll have to
fine-tune everything for my Zone 5 audience.

BTW, for those of you who don't have Pam's warm soil, Brent & Becky's always
has the cheapest price on heat mats.

Kitty

http://www.hort.net/funds/