Re: Summer Bulb Details

I thought so as well, but have been coming up with soil warmth and
irrigation as more important most of the time, such as "Tropical and
subtropical bulbs respond more to wet and dry seasons rather than
temperature differences. However, they often have high light
requirements, so need to be grown in summer even if they are a winter
bloomer." So it a combination of factors and particular plants have
particular requirements.

Hours of daylight and number of days can be translated into one another.
Some plants like mums have a phyto response that deals with daylength as
opposed to an accumulation of daylight hours over a season.

I doubt I'll be able to find what I am looking for. I can find it for a
few of my selections but not all. Colocasia is 7 months to maturity.
Glads flower in about 90 days after planting. I'm just looking for
ballpark figures like that. If I could find something that says Tigridia
requires 5 months from planting to flowering I would be able to tell
people what to expect - or not to bother up north with it.