hort.net Seasonal photo, (c) 2006 Christopher P. Lindsey, All Rights Reserved: do not copy
articles | gallery of plants | blog | tech blog | plant profiles | patents | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
Gallery of Plants
Tech Blog
Plant Profiles
Mailing Lists
    Search ALL lists
    Search help
    Subscription info
Top Stories
sHORTurl service
Tom Clothier's Archive
 Top Stories
New Trillium species discovered

Disease could hit Britain's trees hard

Ten of the best snowdrop cultivars

Plant protein database helps identify plant gene functions

Dendroclimatologists record history through trees

Potato beetle could be thwarted through gene manipulation

Hawaii expands coffee farm quarantine

Study explains flower petal loss

RSS story archive

Re: books

There are several variations on it. But essentially it's a wooden clamp that allows you firmly compress and hold the edges of any number of pages. The compressed edges are then painted with several coats of padding compound. At work, we use the primitive village model--a couple of bricks; adequate for making scratch pads of recycled paper.

On Tuesday, January 11, 2005, at 06:04 PM, Daryl wrote:

What's a "padding clamp"?


----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 5:43 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] books

If it's not sewn, you can put it back together with a padding clamp and
padding compound. You may be able to get Kinko's to do it for you.
Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Zone 10a
Minimum 30 F [-1 C]
Maximum 100 F [38 C]

Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!

Other Mailing lists | Author Index | Date Index | Subject Index | Thread Index

 © 1995-2017 Mallorn Computing, Inc.All Rights Reserved.
Our Privacy Statement