Re: Like Cmas here today

Well, Jim, it was after all a "bad taste" party. Now, how typically English is that? Congrats on getting your presents.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org>
To: "Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 4:35 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Like Cmas here today

Well, finally. The two additional wireless temperature and humidity sensors for my weather station arrived. And so did the new camera. All are spread out on the kitchen table and I am facing the daunting tasks of mounting the sensors and programing the weather station, and of trying to figure out how to use the camera. Good thing a weekend is nearby.

For the camera, I've got a two X UBS splitter on this computer now, and I think I'm either going to get a three X UBS splitter or a bluetooth mouse to free up one of the ports--depends on whether the camera needs a port with power or just a port.

Camera got here in the nickers of time. Next weekend [beginning Friday 1/21], we going to a lecture on tropical fruit trees at Naples Botanical Garden, then spend the night in Ft Myers and take in Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary on Saturday morning before heading home. Both the botanic garden and the sanctuary ought to be good practice for me with the camera--10X optical zoom, 1.2 inch macro [he said, almost suppressing an urge to jump up and down].

We've got a storm blowing in here, too. But it's warm and from the south.

Finally, I hope Harry's learned a lesson; next time he goes to a costume party, it ought to be in drag.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Zone 10a