From: Jesse Bell
Sent: 1/13/2005 4:22:07 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weather

LOL..no, no, no.  It was one of those "I told you so" things.  My husband
doesn't do anything half-way.  When he jumps in....he does a cannonball.
Well, he did NOT realize how strong a billy goat is..especially when there
are a BUNCH of nannies around and he wants to be in there with them.  One of
the billies broke a fence so my DH put him in with about 12-14 nanny goats
while he was putting up a hot wire fence...which took several days.  I told
him..."do NOT put him in there...we'll have babies during the dead of winter
and that is SO hard on the little ones".  His response, "Oh they won't get
pregnant that fast...it takes days for them to go into season once he's in
there..."  Right.  He's talking to me....the farm girl.  So now he is paying
for that decision.  They ALL got pregnant.  You are supposed to stagger the
breeding so they aren't all popping out at once...like they are now.  But,
DH was new to this and didn't want to listen to me.  So, for the last two
nights he's been out in the barn in very cold temperatures, building more
stalls for the babies and mommas.  He was overwhelmed last night...I just
looked at him and said, "they can't all get pregnant that fast!" and rolled
my eyes.  Eight nannies had twins and one had triplets.

Jesse Rene' Bell
Claremore, OK
Zone 6

http://www.hort.net/funds/