Re: ot- question, non gardening.

The only other communication I use are a couple of message boards like
the one at Fine Gardening. Years ago I used AOL's IM but found it to be
an inconvenient interuption when I was working on a project. I know you
can turn it off, but I never remembered to do so until it was too late.
I have used a few online direct help lines that I guess could be likened
to IM and really appreciated the "real time" assistance with a real
person. Any chat rooms I have ever visited were abysmal, so I don't
think I've even tried one since about 1995.