Re: Death in the (plant) family

Yeah, neat. Jim, do you think the addition of a willow twig or two to the water would help?

On Tuesday, January 18, 2005, at 01:09 PM, kmrsy@comcast.net wrote:

Jim to the rescue! In a show of support, I think we should all keep our fingers crossed for those several months.
I love the fact that there is always someone on this list that has the knowledge to help us out.

Kitty

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
My Clivia has died!

it in this fall it began to have brown tips on the leaves. The other day
it looked off kilter and when I touched it, the whole top growth fell off.
It seems to have rotted from the roots up. What happened? The only

Auralie
Auralie:
Is there still any green to it ? If so, try cleaning off the rot
at the base, stick it into 10% Clorox for maybe 10 minutes, wash off and
then place into a glass with water just touching the base. Hopefully
you can support it above the glass base via the leaves. New roots
_should_ grow within several months, if you keep your fingers crossed
during that period...
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher