Re: ot- question, non gardening.

Dream on, Pam.  I haven't retired yet, and don't intend to as long
as I can see to make indexes and they keep asking me to do it.
But my DH as been retired for about 10 years and each year gets
more hectic.  I had hoped he would take over some of the house
and yard chores, and the first year he declared he was going to
straighten out my garden, but that didn't last even one season.
He is so involved with so many volunteer organizations - on the
board of five different ones - that he never seems to get caught
up.  He is out at meetings three or four days most weeks, and
spends hours at his computer with reports and correspondence.
I guess it is good for him - keeps him interested, etc., but I would
be glad to have him slow down a bit.  Of course part of his trouble
is that he still misses having a secretary - and I have always been
determined not to be anybody's secretary.  Oh well.

In a message dated 01/18/2005 12:49:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,