Re: Happy Birthday Gene!

In a message dated 1/17/05 4:45:22 PM, SheriAnnRicherson@exoticgardening.com

<< So many speakers talk "fluff" and I don't like fluff >>

Sheri, Alan does not talk 'fluff', I would agree.  In his 2nd talk he had
picked up plants from the trade show and spoke on them.  He had a flat of
Bergenia which he said he didn't know why they needed 7 or 8 varieties (can't
remember for sure the #) of the plant and didn't know who or why anyone wanted it in
their garden so he illustrated how it got its common name pig squeak.  He had
Bergenia leaves shredded up the aisle as he squeaked the leaves.