Re: Happy Birthday Gene!/ Proven Winners

Off hand I know that we (MGs) get at least one Proven Winners shrub from
one of our wholesalers, Stonehouse Nursery in MI. It is the Weigela
'Wine and Roses'. When we ordered it, it was a Color Choice plant, but
before it was delivered, Color Choice (as I understand it) was bought
out by Proven Winners. This caused a long delay in shipping because PW
wouldn't allow shipping with CC tags and didn't give SH new tags to
replace them. It didn't matter that we hadn't ordered the tags and
didn't want them, and weren't going to be getting them. It froze the
shipment, causing us extra expense, until PW said it was ok.