Re: Happy Birthday Gene!/ Proven Winners

Well, I for one am glad you are on the mend. The worst damage my cats have caused me is skinned shins and knees. It's good to hear from you.
----- Original Message ----- From: <mlrasmus@rockwellcollins.com>
To: <gardenchat-digest@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Happy Birthday Gene!/ Proven Winners

Ceres said: The best speaker of the Iowa show (my personal opinion of
course) was Dr Ann Marie VanDerZanden, ISU prof who spoke on 'Looking for

Glad to hear that, Ceres. She is our featured speaker (and FREE!) at the MG
Winter Gardening Fair at Kirkwood in Cedar Rapids on Feb 19th - "Inspired
Iowa Designs Using New and Native Plants." I'll pass on the ideas she
shares to the group here.

I broke my collarbone over the holidays and am just getting back to work.
The brace comes off in two more weeks. Sigh. Again, a big thanks to those
who sent emails wondering if I was lost. And no, I didn't slip on the ice.
I tripped over my (black) cat at 4:30 in the morning and fell HARD against
the stove. We now have night lights in the bathroom. Duh!
Iowa z4b