Re: Happy Birthday Gene!/ Proven Winners

Hello Kitty,
Spring Meadow keeps very tight control over their stock. When ordering you must sign a contract on what you can and can not do with the shrubs. In many cases you do not have a choice, you must accept their color tags .. all a part of the advertising program. Pretty decent sized minimum order. Bit much for a small nursery. Some of their stock they will not ship by UPS... their preference is by truck, but I can not get a semi into my nursery. My guess is I am a pain in their unmentionables by placing an order with them. They send reams of paper work to be signed every time you turn around. Such as... you send an order... they send back not only confirmation, but you must sign that you will take the plant material, send it back. If you forget they contact you... where is the paperwork???
I am not sure it is worth it all and you can not purchase almost all their material at Kroger's in the parking lot. Becoming too common to quickly for me and I can not sell at the prices the big box stores sell as colorful come-ons.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: <kmrsy@comcast.net>
Off hand I know that we (MGs) get at least one Proven Winners shrub from
one of our wholesalers, Stonehouse Nursery in MI. It is the Weigela
'Wine and Roses'. When we ordered it, it was a Color Choice plant, but
before it was delivered, Color Choice (as I understand it) was bought
out by Proven Winners. This caused a long delay in shipping because PW
wouldn't allow shipping with CC tags and didn't give SH new tags to
replace them. It didn't matter that we hadn't ordered the tags and
didn't want them, and weren't going to be getting them. It froze the
shipment, causing us extra expense, until PW said it was ok.

Kitty