Re: Munchkin Gardens catalog

Donna, we are very much a club - very close.  Some of us have known each-other
for 25 or 30 years, but we are open to new people if they are nice.  As for
potential
members being deterred from joining, it may have happened in one or two
cases, but
on the other hand there are several people who want very much to join but we
aren't open to.  We are limited by our bylaws to 20 members.  The reason for
this
is that competition for state and national awards is usually broken down by
size
of club - under 20 being the smallest.  We regularly win state and national
awards
for our flower shows.  We really aren't snooty - you just have to be a nice
person
and willing to work.  Among us, we have enough knowledge to cover most
fields,
and if we like you, and you are willing to learn, that's fine.
To indicate how much of a club we are, Reka, a Thai lady who runs a couple
of restaurants, only one of which is Thai, spent the morning giving a class on
origami to the volunteers who work at Leah's Wildflower Island.  She just
telephoned to be sure we were home safely in all the snow - she had called
every member to be sure.
Auralie

In a message dated 01/22/2005 4:05:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,