Re: storing Callas

> From: kmrsy@comcast.net
> I thought that question might bring you out of the woodwork, Marge.

>Where ya been?

Up to my eyebrows with deadlines since Dec...; working at my dwg.
board all day and then on the work station half the night as I can't
get to it during the day since it's at Craig's dwg. board, so not
even getting my mail downloaded, much less read + DH has been sick
and the last week has been *very* interesting, if you like cleaning
up messes, stripping beds to the mattress daily; doing massive loads
of laundry and having to call 911 and all that sort of stuff...he's
on the mend, I think (fingers crossed).  I now have 537 messages in
my 'Chat' folder; most of which I have not had a chance to read:-(

> I was concerned that the differing info I was finding on Calla
> was because Z. aethiopica grows in extra moist even wet conditions,
> all the other varieties, less so. I think slightly moist storage
> be a happy "medium". Thanks. Oooh! Calals in February! What color?

It's white and now I'm back where all my records are, it's Z.
aethiopica 'Crowborough', which I've had since '97 in a pot -
supposed to be hardy, but I haven't had the courage to try planting
it out yet as it really wants to grow in winter.

My others are un-named forms - pink and darker pink - that I got from
a vendor at the Philly Flower Show so many years ago they aren't in
my database.  Have even grown those on from seed they've sown - easy
from seed as I recall...have lots of them and they are so very
neglected.  No idea what they are but I've grown them in pots
assuming them not hardy and have kept the pots in trays of water and
not and it doesn't seem to make any difference to their
happiness....they go totally dormant in winter and live under the

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs
Current Article: Plant Exchange