To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 7:40 AM
Subject: Re: RE: [CHAT] Re: Clematis

oh the sweet autumn does great, I am just afraid if I
move it I will kill it... not to mention the darn
thing is a tad big now :) It is on the other side of
my hot tub. Thought was I could enjoy the fragance
while relaxing in the tub downwind of it.

Honeysuckle's seem to do well on the fence so I will
probably add more this season.

I have also thought of planting somekinda of annual
climber that gets going quickly. It would shade the
fence and let the clemitas get established so it can
provide it's own shade.... problem is, then what
happens when the annual die and you have to get the
'stuff' out from inbetween....

always something...

Donna

---  <gardenqueen@academicplanet.com> wrote:

The sweet autumn clematis seems to do well here (at
my neighbor's, it
doesn't like my clay) and that's on a cattle panel
arbor (galvanized
wire). She has a pretty purple one that does well
too, she doesn't
remember the name of it. My Blanche Sandman
honeysuckle doesn't mind it
a bit, or the trumpet vine (Campsis 'Flava')
something like that, not at
home to look it up. Gourds too, but your season
probably isn't long
enough for gourds.

Pam Evans
Kemp, TX