Re: Re: Clematis

Thanks Ceres, I've just read of it, filed away in brain somewhere, but
never got around to doing anything about it. The 2 out front that have
the problem were planted 14 yrs ago and are now in shade with their
roots irretrievably enveloped by some old peonies. The new C.henryi is
as deep as I could get it, being up against a Redbud tree. The browning
out occurs higher up each year, so I guess I was hoping it would grow
out of it. Maybe I'll have to move it. I really wanted to see that
Redbud decked out with big white Clematis blooms, though.