Re: Lowes

In a message dated 1/28/05 4:01:04 PM, jsinger@igc.org writes:

<< I think this is common practice for most retail nurseries without
regard to size or ownership. >>

Jim, the greenhouse where I work does not practice this.  When they close
(approx the first of June), they do a gradual price reduction and give away
plants to the library, churches, etc. as they close.  However, I can understand why
a nursery does not do this.  Customers start asking early 'when will the
price be reduced' or 'when are they closing' in anticipation of getting those free
or next to nothing plants.