Re: Somebody stop me

In a message dated 1/3/06 7:40:20 PM, gardenqueen@gmail.com writes:

> The
> biggest energy gobblers are things that make hot air cold and things that
> make cold air hot.

We had an energy audit a couple of yrs ago and found our home very efficient
except during the summer and the air conditioner was not the user but instead
the dehumidifier.   I had not a clue.  Our Dec 05 avg daily gas costs were
$6.35 or 47.3% higher than last year & the avg daily temp was 9 deg colder than
last year.   Our elec & gas is one statement but usage & cost is separated.
Our Dec 05 avg elec cost per day is $3.24 which is actually 10.5% cheaper than
Dec 04.   We had exterior Christmas lights aplenty.
     We have about 3000 sq ft, 2 X 6 construction and for 34 days our total
utility cost was $326.15.   We always have the cheapest costs on our circle.
Several of them will be db our cost.   Beginning Jan 1 taxes will not be chgd
for utilities.   That would reduce this bill $6.40.   Expensive to live in
your own home & on a fixed income.
     Is anyone wrestling with the Medicare insurance issue?   Deere, my
employer, provides my coverage and am so glad I do not need to make a choice
however I am concerned they may decide not to at a later date and then I will be
reqd to pay the penalty.   My holiday job which will end in a couple more weeks
is at a Pharmacy/Hallmark business and today was a rough day for the pharmacy
group.   Medicare systems were down and this is the 1st day for usage.   The
owners, both pharmacist, are working with customers trying to help them decide
on their best choice and many who had decided waited to use their insurance
today.
     Gardening is necesarry to keep our spirits up.
          Ceres