Re: Somebody stop me

In a message dated 1/4/06 12:05:42 AM, gossiper@sbcglobal.net writes:

> Who did the energy audit?
>
> My bill was 300 and some odd dollars, and lately no one has been around
> here, so the thermostat is set at 55 with a couple hours per day at 60....
>
> This isn't an old house nor huge, it's brick with plenty of insulation.

Donna, Mid Amer Energy our fuel provider.   It is free and you get energy
saving light bulbs, insulation wrap for pipes & water heater, efficient shower
head and a programmable thermostat which does cost $30 installed.   They have a
computer program that reviews your past costs with your home data & then come
in to inspect the house.   Plugging the data in they come up with a efficiency
ratings
     I'm sure you know new homes are not necessarily efficient.   This was a
major objective of ours as   we stuffed insulation in any possible place there
was after the construction workers did their job.   Our attic is waist deep
in insulation & of course the extra thick walls certainly help.   We have
cathedral ceilings only in our bedroom which is not the entire room but a center
feature.   There is always the concern your home is to tight which creates a
risk also.
     Ceres