From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Cersgarden@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:01 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Alberta Spruce & Ilex Meserveae "San Gabriel"

In a message dated 1/4/06 7:42:38 AM, wmorgan972@ameritech.net writes:

> I'll have to put them next to the fence in the back then if
> they are that sensitive.

Bonnie, mine are not in protected locations but I do watch them closely as
are in a wind tunnel.   The snow reflection creates a burn problem for them
also.   If they start to show signs of burn I wrap in burlap.   I have none
my AS wrapped yet this year but I do have a yellow   Chamaecyparis, a couple
of J. maples and a dogwood wrapped.   In the past I have sprayed with Wilt
Pruff but it is so difficult to apply this at the right time any more with
warmer & fluctuating temps.