Re: Happy New Year

Yeh..I can see how you would think that. I have a very small "flip top"
one that I use for my fine needlework when I do cross-stitch. I think
the "meditating" thing is geared towards the depression area, not just
the deficiency that the body is feeling from a lack of Vitamin D that
you get naturally when exposed to the sun. While I was off work this
last week...a couple of times I would stretch out on the floor with our
new kitten who was sleeping on the "sunny spot" of the floor by the
window and snooze with her. Before I fell alseep I would pretend that I
was on the beach sunbathing or out in my garden with the sun on my back.
It was wonderful. The mind can do all sorts of things for the body.
Depression is very real for those that suffer from SAD. This year, for
the first time ever, I have really focused on taking my vitamins (not
only for the SAD but because I suffer from anemia) and it has not been
so bad for me. I doubled up on my Vitamin D this year. But I still miss

 my outside time. I MISS that natural sunshine on my face and back.

"Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com> wrote:
  > I get that "SAD" (Seasonal Affect Disorder) from no sunshine and not
> being outside. Some day...when I have money...(laughing out loud now),
> I'm going to buy one of those natural light lamps and sit under it.

Hi Jess,

I have one of those lamps in my office at work. I had bought it for an
employee who said he suffered from SAD and said that it would improve
his productivity, but he quit shortly thereafter.

To be honest, I question the effectiveness of these things. The manual
says that you're supposed to sit in front of it for 30 minutes a day and
'meditate' -- that is, not work or do anything else.

I suspect that if I meditated without the lamp I'd probably be just as
happy and $150 richer.