Re: pics for you

Didn't use an atlas--used a blindfold and a pin. So... what kind of phyto-stuff do you have to go through to send them a plant? God forfend they would want to trade plants.

On Jan 7, 2006, at 2:24 PM, David Franzman wrote:

Oh common Jim that's a very big area. No Atlas's allowed.

David
http://www.atouchofthetropics.net
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] pics for you

Southeast Asia.
On Jan 7, 2006, at 1:49 PM, David Franzman wrote:
Hi Donna

Training them to be tree form. Did you notice that some are in hanging baskets? Some varieties are very upright and make a nice tree form and others are just as floppy as can be and make a nice basket. For many that are floppy the flowers hang down and are difficult to see if you in a conventional pot. These varieties, regardless of the color, would be lost if some way was not found to display them. I believe that I was, if not the first, then the second to make baskets using Hibiscus.

By this summer I will have baskets of other species of Hibiscus, Bougainvillea and possibly Abutilons as well. Hanging baskets are a great way to maximize space in a greenhouse as they don't take tablespace. By the way, we are also starting to grow four different varieties of Passifloras and three varieties of Mandevillas. Later on this summer we'll also have several varieties of Colocassias.

Since this is the first year of the tree form I don't have many of them and some nursery in New Jersey just placed an order for about a third of what I have.

Geography lesson: I just blew it. I thought this was someplace else. I just an order from Brunei. Where is Brunei?.