Kittens...for those who love cats/kittens...

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: [CHAT] Kittens...for those who love cats/kittens...
  • From: "Bonnie & Bill Morgan" wmorgan972@ameritech.net
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 13:29:57 -0500

While taking our pack of 5 dogs out for their evening constitutional, Tanya,
my next door neighbor, stopped by to ask about Matt's kittens (across the
street.)  Not having heard, I talked with Mat yesterday and it seems some
cruel hearted sorry excuse for a human threw (with a fair amount of force)
them out of a car window at a pretty good speed while tied in a sack.  A
friend of one of Matt's relatives saw the sack being tossed out and went to
investigate.  He grabbed the bag and tried desperately to follow the vehicle
to get a license plate, but it was too fast.  The two kittens are about 7
weeks old.  One hit with such force or was underneath the other kitten when
it hit, that it has a huge knot between its little eyes that swelled so much
you couldn't see her eyes.  Matt says the eyes were crusted shut with dried
blood when he got the kittens and took both immediately to the vets.  Now
she can open her eyes after three days of heavy antibiotics.  They would run
and hide at the slightest movement, he says, for at least the first three
days.  But now they are starting to show their personalities and enjoy a
stroke here, a kind word their and some healthy food.  He's getting them all
their shots, etc., to make them more attractive to a new owner.

Matt is slightly allergic to cats.  His wife brought a cat and two dogs with
her and Matt already had a large dog of his own.  The house across the
street is a tiny little farm house, so two large dogs, a small dog and one
cat with 2 adults makes for a crowd, but Matt's a softy.  If he can't get
homes for both, he'll keep one of them.

I would have liked to have seen them too, but with severe cat allergies,
that's a no go.  I might be able to help him with litter and food, but
that's about all.  Tzeitel's house is full and Rayna's significant other
also has more severe cat allergies.  Tanya has several cats and doesn't want
to risk divorce and the same is true of my other next door neighbor to the
East.  If you get a chance, say a prayer for two tiny and obviously abused
kittens who need a loving home.

Bonnie  (SW OH - zone 5)