To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:33 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] pics for you- David''s site

That is cheap..... Chicago is more, and they don't let you do anything. If
you want electric- then you have to pay a union worker- water, guess what,
now you need a union plumber they were so ridicules you needs a union worker
to turn on the hose! and so on.... the actual price easily doubles by the
time your booth is set up.

I really shouldn't say that, it has been a few years since I was involved so
maybe things changed.

http://www.chicagoflower.com/downloads-2006/exhibitor_letter_2006.doc

On the local club shows- the one I was involved with sold spaces for 200,
and we had 2,000 people the first expo and added a thousand more attendees a
year....

You are right tho... there are other ways to advertise and what are your
results. Mailing usually only get you a 2 percent response... Magazine ads
are really expensive and not sure what the return is on those. A full page
newspaper ad here in a local area costs about the same as a show.....

Donna