RE: David/Judy

Judy- Yep guilty too... first time in months I had a few hours here and
there to sit in front of this computer, which helped with all the message
backup. (only got 12,l94 unread messages to go... LOL!) Actually working, as
I had to baby sit the main computer as we were converting data, so jumped on
one that wasn't connected to it and read my email....

David- well if you have only been selling wholesale and a few shows, hum...
time for an open house! Current trend around here is to print up sheets to
pass out at shows about 'one day/weekend open to the public sale at our
greenhouse' type thing. Many of the nurseries around here are doing that.
Some really go all out with music, snacks, wine, others just make their
plants available to anyone that shows up as they do not offer retail sales
at any other time. Most also take a small ad (like 1/8 page which is
reasonable) in the local paper with the info needed right before the event.
(time, place type thing).

There are some advantages to only having to deal with wholesale accounts. No
public complaints, less hours than retail, etc....

Another thing some are doing at shows is not allowing some of the blooming
'exceptional' plant to leave early in the show. Deep discounts are giving to
those who want the plant with the condition they can not remove it from the
booth till an hour before the show ends....so you still have your sample,
but also the sale.

I will think about it and get back to you <lol>

Donna