Re: Hakonechloa macra 'Aureola'

I've always wanted one, and just so happens we have it at Buckley's (where I work) so I'm planning on adding some to the garden in spring. Keith's post certainly made me want one NOW!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa" <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:17 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Hakonechloa macra 'Aureola'

I just loved reading this post.  The mysterious Keith should be an
author- with his skill to "turn a phrase" I think he'd be an instant
hit.  And, perhaps the best plant saleman alive.  I haven't even looked
at a picture of this plant and now I want one too!

Theresa

Christopher P. Lindsey wrote:

I found the article. I can't remember who the person was that wrote it but
because I loved it so I contacted him at the time to use it in our lily
society newsletter that I was writing. I have the same passion for this
plant and
have read and reread this so many times & love it each time. However, not
all my lily friends enjoyed it. In fact, Mother Lily herself told a friend I
should be addressing lilies not Japanese grass. :-)

D'oh!  You beat me to it!  :)

This was posted by 'Keith' to the perennials mailing list in March 2001:

  http://www.hort.net/lists/perennials/mar01/msg00020.html

Chris

Subject: Re: Hakonechloa macra 'Aureola'