Today in the Northeast

I just spent some time in the garden while the warm weather holds.  It had
been raining, but there was just a fine mist coming down now. My goal was to
fill one large wagon load with unsightly dead perennial foliage. Have you
ever noticed how some foliage looks neat and tidy when dead and other
foliage looks slimy and really wretched when it dies? Well, I tidied up the
ugly stuff along my pathway into the house. It gave me a chance to see what
all this warm weather is doing to the plants. Some things, like the Japanese
anemones, have new foliage. Azalea 'Snowbird' has nice lime green buds! It's
a white flowered azalea, not a Florida snowbird! The butterfly bushes are
growing and the roses are still leafed out. Oh, and the yellow primroses are
blooming!

Today's high is 51 degrees and tomorrow's high is predicted to be 31!

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)

chris@widom-assoc.com