RE: Garden hose

FWIW, here is what I do.... definitely not the perfect system...

Only one spigot in the back of my home- from there on a very short hose is a
5 way connector. I branched out each way, including one that is in a pvc
pipe underground to the back of the yard. (If the hose goes bad, I can just
pull another one thru) At each of the ends, I bought those metal stakes that
have a hose hanger as well as a spigot. This allows me to only turn on which
ever hose I am using. What I found was you can only run one hose connection
at a time tho... not enough water pressure to run 3-4 sprinklers at a time.
The plus side is in most areas, I only need a 25ft hose which is much easier
to manage than those darn 100 ft ones!

The plumber is supposed to be coming tomorrow to assess this issue. He will
be (hopefully) adding more spigots around the outside of my home. We have
plenty of water pressure but only so much can come out of one spigot by
adding more from the main water supply in this house, I am hoping to water
in more than one area at a time. Since we never finished off our basement,
he seems to think it will be easy to do this...

Next step will be an irrigation system, if this works.

Donna