From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Gene Bush
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 2:13 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Hakonechloa macra 'Aureola'

    I have slides of Aureola from my garden. I will be at the Indianapolis
Art Museum February 9th if you want to see some pictures. It is one of the
plants featured in Colorful Companions for Shade presentation. It is sited
on a cliff edge among limestone rocks. One of its companions is our native
ginger, Asarum canadense. Very nice contrast in colors and texture. I am
working on about 5 to six clumps of shade grass coming down the cliff edge
so that when it matures there will be a flow form top to bottom of the area.

It does take time and patience for a really nice clump of about 3 feet in
diameter or larger.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana