Re: Hakonechloa macra 'Aureola'

DH (the allergist) tells me that while a few people are allergic to
only one grass (example: corn pollen here in the midwest), and some
are allergic to all grasses, most are allergic to either warm season
grasses or cool season grasses. My guess is that Hakonechloa is a
warm season grass, given that it flowers in late summer. On the other
hand, since it is a genus of one species, perhaps people in North
America have not become sensitized to it. I'd recommend that you try
it. If you are really sensitive to grasses, use a mask when it is in
flower, and shower after you work in the yard.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b