Re: Cymbidium -Dave

It's just that usually when I click the Daves link from Google it turns
out to be incomplete info. It's unfullfilling to come across an entry
for which most sections say "Unknown-Tell us". And I don't really know
these people or how accurate they are. Anyone can put anything they want
on there - doesn't mean it is true.

Kitty

-- james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net> wrote:
Interesting, Kitty. But I've got no idea. I know Google gives
preferential treatment to its advertisers, but Dave's doesn't directly
sell anything [except memberships] that I know of. I'm not a member; I
use the site mostly to check binomials and synonyms, and to circulate
my photos [I've sold a few via Dave's]. Also, the zone information is
pretty good if you check the locations of those who say they grow the
plant.

On Jan 18, 2006, at 12:21 PM, kmrsy@netzero.com wrote:

> Ooh! really lovely Jim!  It got me to thinking...
> I know you post pictures and info on plants at Dave's Garden. Do you
> have any idea why, when I google many plants, Dave's Garden is often
> the
> first item google brings up?
>
> I sometimes click on the first google offering without really reading
> it and then realize it's a Dave, which is rarely useful.
>
> Kitty
>
> -- james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net> wrote:
> Thanks, Andrea. I started that album for some friends overseas who
> wanted to know what bloomed here in winter. Not everything is in my
> garden, but most are.
>
> On Jan 18, 2006, at 11:46 AM, Andrea Hodges wrote:
>
>> Jim, I looked at the whole slide show of that album. WOW. Everything
>> looks incredible.
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer"
>> <islandjim1@verizon.net>

Island Jim