Re: NE roll call- check in please

We're OK, but we've been without power for two days.  It seemed the
worst was past - we knew others had lost power on Monday and
Tuesday, but assumed we were past the worst. Then it went on
Wednesday - just a fairly small area near here.  We have a small
generator that powers the furnace, refrigerator and freezer, and
water pump, but when we put it on, somehow Chet failed to
throw the right switches and the water pump failed to start.  We
finally were able to get an electrician to figure that our by yesterday
afternoon.  The power came on at 5:15 this morning, but went off
again a bit before 10:00 for half an hour.  I don't know if I trust it to
stay on.  We didn't really suffer but being without water is not
comfortable.  I kept thinking of the people in New Orleans after
Katrina.  Thank goodness I had a large collection of candles - now
I must rebuild my supply.

This crazy weather can't be good for plants.  It was 9 degrees on
Monday morning and 56 degrees the next morning.  Crazy!
Auralie

In a message dated 01/19/2006 6:55:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,