Re: Medicare

I rather doubt that's the reason....with the draft they want
something out of you; with SS and Medicare, they have to fork out to
you.  I think it's just plain old gov't. rigmarole.  You have to sign
up for SS by a certain date after you become 65 even if you don't
plan on retiring and collecting it until later.  Makes NO sense to
me.  Maybe it's just part of the big brother is watching you
syndrome, which seems to be getting worse and worse with each passing
day.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Shadyside Garden Designs
> > by a specific date, you get penalized.  Huh?  Same if you don't
sign
> > up for either SS or Medicare by a certain age.  I do NOT get the
> > point here.
>
> Could it be that they don't want to be accused of discrimination?
18 yr old
> men must sign up for the draft by a certain date or be penalized.
>
> Re>  If the surplus that used to exist had been
> > invested and kept in the fund instead of spent on other stuff by
> > every administration since inception, there wouldn't be a pending
> > funding problem IMO.
>
> My thoughts exactly.  I always wondered why they were allowed to
plunder SS.

> Kitty
> neIN, Z5

SS
> > over the past 50 years.  If the surplus that used to exist had
been
> > invested and kept in the fund instead of spent on other stuff by
> > every administration since inception, there wouldn't be a pending
> > funding problem IMO.
> >
> > Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
> > mtalt@hort.net
> > Shadyside Garden Designs
> > > Recently some of you on the list said you were slogging through
the
> > new
> > > medicare choices. I received the following explanation from
someone
> > when
> > > it first came out but deleted it. I'm glad to say that my
sister
> > just
> > > sent it to me again and I thought it might be of some help to
you.

> > > Kitty
> > >  > > President Bush Explains Medicare Drug Bill > >

> > plan going to fix the problem?"

> > which is
> > > on the table begins to address the big cost drivers. For
example,
> > how
> > > benefits are calculated, for example, is on the table. Whether
or
> > not
> > > benefits rise based upon wage increases or price increases.
There's