Re: Medicare

Did you read Maurine Dowd this AM? Said she didn't want the Vice Voyeur "ogling her googling."

On Jan 21, 2006, at 12:30 PM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center wrote:

I was just joking about the age discrimination Marge.
But as to Big Brother....I'm sure you've been watching the Google situation.
Who will they spy on next?

Kitty
----- Original Message -----
From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@hort.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 6:39 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Medicare

I rather doubt that's the reason....with the draft they want
something out of you; with SS and Medicare, they have to fork out to
you.  I think it's just plain old gov't. rigmarole.  You have to sign
up for SS by a certain date after you become 65 even if you don't
plan on retiring and collecting it until later.  Makes NO sense to
me.  Maybe it's just part of the big brother is watching you
syndrome, which seems to be getting worse and worse with each passing
day.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Shadyside Garden Designs
by a specific date, you get penalized.  Huh?  Same if you don't
sign
up for either SS or Medicare by a certain age.  I do NOT get the
point here.
Could it be that they don't want to be accused of discrimination?
18 yr old
men must sign up for the draft by a certain date or be penalized.

Re>  If the surplus that used to exist had been
invested and kept in the fund instead of spent on other stuff by
every administration since inception, there wouldn't be a pending
funding problem IMO.
My thoughts exactly.  I always wondered why they were allowed to
plunder SS.
Kitty
neIN, Z5