Beautiful day

here today. Temps in low 80s; zip humidity; no wind; partly cloudy.

Ms. Fatma is taking yet another test for her certification. I'm making, with Squinty's help, a batch of lemon-ginger marmalade, and preparing the last of this year's starfruit crop for the dehydrator. Yesterday, I picked probably the last sugar apple of the year [it weighs slightly more than a pound].

All of which makes me realize how incredibly busy this time of year can be here. Most citrus is either ripe or getting that way. Black sapotes, like their northern kin, persimmons, are ripening. And many other fruit--mangos, avocados, lychees, papayas--are either blooming or sending out bloom spikes and screaming "feed me, feed me!"

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10