Re: NE roll call- check/weather/orchid

kmrsy@netzero.com wrote:
Cathy, I found this orchid frequently listed as Laeliocattleya Gold
Digger 'Fuchs Mandarin'. Is Gold Digger an alias, a common name, a trade

Not Cathy, but, none of the above. Gold Digger is the grex, or hybrid
name, while Fuchs' Mandarin is the name applied to one particular and
unique member of the grex.
-- Cathy Carpenter <cathy.c@insightbb.com> wrote:
We had .5 inches of rain, then a "dusting" of snow. Could have used a lot more moisture! Haven't noticed bulbs up, but buds on the stellar magnolias are swelling. Landscaping for the garden railroad is almost done. Looks wonderful to the eye, and DH told me he would work on a layout this weekend. (promises, promises...) My Laeliocattleya 'Fuch's Mandarin' has just started blooming, with one of its 4 buds opening!!!
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7