Re: NE roll call- check in please

From the looks of the weather map early this a.m. you all are in for a lot of snow and freezing weather. We are expecting rain all day, and that is a good thing. After last summer and fall I will think twice about complaining about rain again.
zem
zone 7
West TN

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2006 5:03 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] NE roll call- check in please

Isn't this weather crazy, Chris! It was in the 60s here today -
after having been in single digits at the beginning of the
week. I really worry about how my plants are going to survive
the ups and downs. I have daffodils poking up near the house,
but not in the more exposed beds. One of the rose bushes
still has green leaves. Doesn't make me happy at all.

As for the reality of Lyme disease - I have no doubt of it, but
for some reason many doctors here don't want to recognize
it. I even had one doctor ask about my sex life, and say he
thought a few weeks of antidepressant would fix me right up.
No one yet has offered an alternative diagnosis. This second
month of antibiotic has helped a lot, so maybe I am beginning
to get past this spell. I don't think you ever really get rid of it -
and I know others who say the same.

It's really windy here tonight, but the temperature is still in the
40s. You are probably having much the same. I just hope we
don't have another power outage - two days without power was
no fun. I know much worse could have happened. We still had
food and shelter. All the same, I could have done without the
aggravation.
Auralie

In a message dated 01/20/2006 10:43:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,