Re: Gene's greenhouse NOW Sycamore

When I bought Peter's Honey (NW Flower & Garden Show 2001?), the vender said it would do OK & fruit in a pot if I was worried about it freezing outside here in z 6. It did freeze back to the ground winter before last, but had regained it's full height & then some, but with multiple stems the following summer. It set 6 figs last year & 2 ripened. I don't know how lack of light would affect it. The folks at onegreenworld have been good about answering my uninformed questions (as in "I don't know enough to know what to ask"). You might try them if no one else can help.
Judy B
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 7:24 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Gene's greenhouse NOW Sycamore

www.onegreenworld.com offers several pawpaws.
I'm looking at one of their persimmons for my NW corner. The clump birches
are dying (borers) and I need something that will stay short, but screen
the view into my neighbor's house. The fig I got from them several years
ago produced fruit last summer.
Oooh, figs... I'm jealous.

I see that they have a variety called 'Atreano' that does well in containers.
Has anyone colder than zone 7 had luck growing figs in containers and
bringing them in over the winter?

Would it fare well in an unheated, attached garage as long as it gets water?
My main concern would be the lack of light there, but it's dormant anyhow,
right?

Chris