Re: Rain

No such thing here in Texas as is up north, I'm assuming....which is like  in
Europe.  Never lived up north, but in Germany we would have days and  days of
nice rains, which never ended up in floods, but just replenished the  soil
and plants nicely.   That never happens here.  We have short  bouts of rain,
sometimes on and off bouts of rain....but never endless days of  rain.  Right
after it rains the skies clear and the sun comes out to dry  off the streets,
etc.   Rarely does one have to worry about delaying  an outdoor activity due to
rain.....unless it's a hurricane or it floods.   Most of the time it's a
thunderstorm that dumps a large amount quickly, then  stops....and it's beautiful
sunshine again.  Lately any rains we've gotten  have been dried out quickly by
the terrible winds.  Amazing how much a wind  can dry things out, more than
heat, it seems.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 1/22/2006 3:24:45 PM Central Standard Time,