Crazy weather

One strange aspect of this crazy weather is that we have a
Baltimore Oriole at our feeders this winter.  The bird books say
they winter south of here, and that one wintering north of
Virginia is rare.  He seems to be a juvenile - his coloring is
not as brilliant as those we see in the spring - but he's been
here all winter, even when the temperatures were in the single
digits.  I worried about him when we had freezing rain, but I
guess he has somewhere to shelter.  He seems to be a loner -
no sigh of another.  I hope his flock will rediscover him in the
spring - if he survives the winter.

Strange weather - fluctuates from mild to very cold in hours -
up and down.  Don't remember another winter like this.  Don't
like it.