Re: Computer worm brewing

It's acompound problem. I had Norton from the beginning. 2yrs ago when I renewed online it asked if I wanted to upgrade for an adtl $10 to a version that also supplied spyware protection. Sounded good. But it was my silly assumption that they would only offer an upgrade that my stem could use. Not quite. It was always a trick making it work. Then the next year and I made a straightforward renewal, but by then they'd added 'improvements' and with the renewal came an upgrade that was far beyond what my Win98 could handle. Now it just keeps trying to get updates, slowing down my computer. It always fails.

I've been through the customer sevice hoops with them before. No real people. Frankly I just don't care anymore.

Kitty

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 10:50 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Computer worm brewing

And why are they (Symantec) not going to help you Kitty?

Seriously, you should contact them. Shorten version of a very long story....
My mothers computer was infected a few years back. After contacting them,
explaining, they actually emailed the fix for her system so I could install
it. (it was one of those nasty virus that blocked getting to their site)

They were very helpful and had a great customer service group... I was
impressed!

Donna