Re: FYI

I'm wtih Theresa on that. I also had no idea you had to pay -- DUH. Shows how naive I really am, I guess. Thanks, Donna!
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa" <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2006 12:16 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] FYI

Oh- and PS to Donna-  thanks for taking care of the virtual garden pages
for all of these years.  It didn't even dawn on me that you were paying
something for that, not to mention your time.  I, for one, have enjoying
looking at the pics periodically.

Theresa

Christopher P. Lindsey wrote:

Thank you for the offer Chris, but please continue to use the hort funds for
just that... hort.net

It is not a matter of money.. darn thing only costs like 5 or 7 per month,
billed yearly. I had visions of grandeur, got an entire site planned in my
head of my gardens and various hobbies, places for friends to post
something.... just never happened in 2 years, and doubt it ever will. It
expires mid Feb I think...

Thanks for the compliment, it means a lot coming from someone as great as
you are in the web business.

I appreciate that, but trust me -- it's anything but the truth. :) I too
had visions of awesome Web sites and everything else, but I'm growing old
and time is slipping by...

Which brings me to two other topics then:

1. If I move the virtual garden pages to hort.net, what would you
guys like to see? How should it be set up?

I'd like to get input from this and finally get it set up. I've
been meaning to do this for ages. What's the best way? Discuss
it here? Discuss it on one of the hort.net admin lists?

2. If you know of any businesses that need Web hosting (but not design),
please refer them to me.

We lost a few big customers in the past couple months -- some were
just plain rude and transfered their domains elsewhere without
even paying their bill (that wasn't Heronswood, BTW).

I just did the accounting and it looks like we're going to be
$2K in the hole if I don't get any new customers, so keep us in
mind for stuff.

I am *not* asking for more donations from you guys. You've done
enough, and I'd never hit up family for money. :)

If we can't break even I might have to move stuff to colocated
servers or something.

Chris