Re: FYI- Yo Chris....

> Sounds like they need your help - for a fee of course! :)
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060128/ap_on_re_us/web_theft

Oof.

I've had my credit card stolen online before as well.  It really bothers
me how stupid some of the e-commerce sites can be -- they just stick
the credit cards into a database totally unencrypted.

Munchkin Nursery and Heronswood (when Heronswood was here, I don't know
what they do now) have/had everything totally encrypted -- the only way
anyone could ever see a credit card was to use a pass phrase or break
the encryption.  I'll do the same thing with my nursery.

It's actually one of the reasons why I won't do online banking or direct
deposit.  I did security consulting for banks and was appalled at the
lax security.  Stuff would be encrypted via a Web form, but then they'd
send it all over their network unencrypted.  I changed that for the bank,
but it was still an eye-opener.

Chris