To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 3:01 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Yahoo spying

What is a "cookie/view file" and where would one find it?

Cathy, west central IL, z5b

On Jan 29, 2006, at 10:33 AM, Donna wrote:

Now a days, you have to realize that you are on a public media
anywhere on
the internet. What you say or do is being watched by someone.

Anyone can read these messages in the archives. At least with
yahoo, the
moderators can make them only available to the members of the
group- or the
world.

Check your cookie/view file and clean it out constantly. Even your
viewed
pages files can relay info without a per say cookie. Visit a hort
page and a
cookie check will appear. (I know why Chris has that, it is not to
spy on
you, just not revote a zillion and one times on a picture, I asked
him off
list)

All you can do is run a tight security so it warns you when someone is
capturing info... but then they find another way... sigh.

Donna