RE: Happy Holidays!

How much rain did you get?  Austin got quite a bit while we were there.

My mom is not doing great.  She's on a higher dose of Prozac that I think
might be helping some with the sadness that comes with her recognition of
loosing her independence.  But her memory gets worse and worse.  She is
loosing skills she once had in a very noticable way too.  Like, she was able
to make paperboats for her grandkids a couple months ago, but several weeks
later, she couldn't do it anymore (the 5 year old let my sister know that
"Mimi" (aka grandma) can't make boats anymore).  I also looked at her list
of Xmas cards she recieved last year, and she clearly is also losing motor
skills as her writing is much more halting and unclear.  Her memory is like
sieve at this point, there is no guessing what will stick and what won't and
her personality is definitely changing.  We now have an inhome care worker
coming once a week to take her out shopping or where ever else she want's to
go, and we've started the process of filing a claim with her long-term care
insurance coverage.  It's all rather sad, and I must say really having a
huge impact on me- both in terms of planning to spend more time in TX with
her before it's too late, and in starting to examine my own life and think
about what I might really want to experience before it is too late for me
too!

So, I guess this is going to be a contemplative new year for me.  Lots going
on. Unfortunately I forgot to either unplug or ask my friend (who took care
of the cats) to fill the fountain with water while I was gone and of course
it bubbled dry.  So, pretty sure the pump is dead.  Bought a new one today
and hope it will fit-  that will be a project for another day though

Theresa