Re: Happy New Year, a little belated

Yeah, I like print catalogs, too. I like reading the hoopla about seeds and plants that I'll never grow. But I suspect the days of the print catalog are numbered. I noted this year that Pepper Gal's PDF download has color illustrations, something her print catalog has never had.

Browsing is something that nursery web sites need to think about. Most are based on some variant of key word fetch, which is great for the buyer who knows what he or she wants, but probably loses lots of add-on sales. Amazon tries to deal with this with its "people who purchased X also purchased Y," and the rest of the alphabet. It always annoys me when that page comes up, but it likely works as well as trash newspaper racks at supermarket checkouts work for add-on sales.