Re: what's for breakfast?

Theresa and Jim,
I think we focused on differnet things in the article. I'm not into the low carb thing or eating a lot of sausage, Theresa, I want a balanced diet. And, Jim, I can understand the qualities you gave about oatmeal (though I can't tolerate it). However... What I was getting at is - if it is true - would changing the order of food variety reduce hunger later in the day? Would there be any energy benefit? I eat cereal each morning, find I don't eat all that much throughout the day, but when home in the evening, I eat the larger portion of my daily intake and my energy is low. Could it be that I've set myself up to eat more by starting out w carbs? I could still have carbs but just at a different time. And the protein can be lean meats, cheese, soy, not sausage. Or is this just one of those silly tips w its basis in highly selective clinical trials supported by a particular industry?

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Messages ----- Sounds like the high protein/low carb advise is carryover from one the
various diet theory for low carbs in general.  The advise you read is
not consistent with most medical recommendations and research.  That
said, I also know different people's body's respond to different foods
in different ways.  What works for some doesn't for others.  I
definitely wouldn't eat sausage/bacon every AM though, you might not
gain too much weight because you'll have a stroke or heart attack first!!

Not many thoughts--only that trading oatmeal for an egg-cheese omelet seems like a dumb idea to me. For all its faults--taste and texture being two--oatmeal is a good thing to stoke the furnace in the AM; it revs the engine and may reduce the sludge in the pipes. Especially when supplemented with a large glass of not-from-concentrate OJ.